Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Skincare Routine


Let's talk skincare. The other day I went out with my friend to the Chanel store (OMG the nail polishes!), and was horrified to find out that she doesn't properly care for her face. She's in her 60's so it surprised me that she has such a careless attitude about mature skin. She said that she only moisturizes once or twice a week at night and that she doesn't wear sunblock on a regular basis. Gasp! Shock! Horror!

Yes. I have a friend who doesn't mind having the dull and lifeless skin of a mummy.

FYI, my skincare routine is the following:

AM: Wash with mild Clinique soap, tone (Clinique as well), apply very light Shiseido moisturizer or Herbalife Radiant C either under moisturizer or alone. If I'm going out (I work from home, so I don't go out of the house until later) I apply sunblock. Right now I'm using Neutrogena Dry Touch, but I also love and have used La Roche-Posay Anthelios. It's very good.

Early PM: After making lunch I wash my face with Cetaphil to make sure I have no impurities from cooking (it's mild enough to not be soap and cleansy enough to clean), then I reapply whatever I need to like either eye cream, sunblock, etc.

PM: Before bed I wash with milk Clinique soap, tone, apply L'Oreal Genesis serum, and Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference Moisturizer. I use pure shea butter on my lips.

I've been using Clinique's makeup remover for Lids, Lips and Lashes and it's really, really good. I'm quite pleased.

What about you?

No comments: