Thursday, December 10, 2009

I'm looking forward to...

Here's hoping some fairy dust comes my way

I'm sitting in my room wearing PJ's, YSL fuschia lipstick, Diorella and of course the most awesome nail polish on earth, OPI Vodka and Caviar. Although I look outstanding I don't feel that way. In an effort to once again lift myself out of this funk I'm going to blog about all the things I'm looking forward to right now and perhaps it'll help me reclaim my joie de vivre.
  • The arrival of my BadGal mascara from Strawberrynet. Benefit isn't sold in South America so there are certain brands I have to get elsewhere - this is where international sites come in handy. Pixiwoo and others have bragged about BadGal and how awesome it is. The last mascara I bought was DiorShow Iconic Waterproof Mascara, and I don't want to complain too much, but let's just say aside from the fact that it's waterproof - which is not a good thing in my book - it just doesn't glam up my lashes. DiorShow does, Lancome Fatale, CoverGirl LashBlast, Fresh Firebird - they all make my lashes crazy gorgeous. DiorShow Iconic however gives them a natural look - ? Okay, I don't absolutely hate it, I just don't love it. So, that's why I went for Benefit BadGal, in the hopes that it can give my lash the drag queen effect they deserve. Thing about my lashes is, they're long, but they're thin. As soon as it arrives I'll review it here.
  • Christmas presents from my sister and my friend. They send me stuff every year and I always look forward to it. Beauty stuff from my dear sis (I already know it's going to be a nude Bobbi Brown lipstick!!!), and a book from my friend (trashy historic romance novels of the best kind).
  • Christmas Carol Night. Every year we get together and have cookies and eggnog and sing Christmas Carols. It's super fun and we all look forward to it. It's usually at James and Greti's place because James has the alcohol - I'm serious when I tell you that James has at least 100 bottles of the best licquor, wine, every type of whisky/bourbon you can imagine, limited numbered editions, artesanal cachaça, vodka bottles the size of my 13 yr old son, and so on and so forth. I bring the cookies, he makes the drinks, HRH brings the guitar and it's a party. Very exclusive, invitation only and in total about 10 people.
  • Season 6 Finale of Top Chef. I'm rooting for Kevin or Brian. I care not for Michael. In fact I think he thinks more of his food than it really is, and he's a douche. (Update: great, just great. Michael won). So what - it was a great season!
  • Wearing my summer perfumes. In particular I'm excited about the ones I just took out of "storage": Patou Joy, Diorella, Chance, Apres L'Ondee, Eau des Marveilles, Eternity Summer, etc...
  • Christmas/New Year break. That week in between Christmas and New Years is key for me. I don't really have that week off, but my work will be significantly reduced, the kids will be done with their finals, and I'll finally get a much needed, much deserved break from my hectic nightmare schedule. The only reason why I haven't been losing it more is because I know it's just around the corner.
Et vous?

1 comment:

angie said...

Watch 'Princess and the Frog':) It's sure to give you some golden pixie dust feelings... :D