Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Emmys 2009 Beauty


I feel like commenting on the faces of the Emmys 2009. First off, NPH was très cool and I totally approve. Secondly, it looked like it was really hot and everyone's face was melting. Another thing I wanted to mention is that red lips are so last year (well, not for me, but for the Emmy Queens it looks like it is). This year it's all about the nude lippie. So, I'm thinking we're all going to have to run out and get us some lovely nude lippies pronto. MAC Blankety is in my future. Yes, If I look into my crystal ball I see Blankety as well as some pretty, pretty gloss from YSL with sparkles. Magical fairy sparkles!

Here's what I think about Mila Kunis' makeup - so friggin' gorgeous! One of my faves of the evening! I love the eyeliner. It defines her eyes and makes them pop. The color of the eyeliner along with the color of the eyeshadow bring out the green in her hazel eyes and the combination is stunning!


Loved the dress (you can't see it here, but you can look it up on Just Jared). Her makeup and hair are also beautiful. This year it's all about less is more, at least with color. She is almost completely devoid of color on the eyes and cheeks, but the subtle red lip makes up for it. It's a classy look that can be done by anyone. The key is to work the skin to luminous perfection without making it look heavy or tranny. Then apply a pop of color on the lips. Make sure to line the upper lashes and use lots of mascara.


Love, love, love the look! She looks amazing! I congratulate whoever chose her dress and especially the hair and makeup team. This is an amazing look that was done to perfection and is a good lesson on how to wear a nude lip without looking washed out or sickly.


Love 13. I bet she would look beautiful in a garbage bag, but I'm glad she chose this lovely risque number instead. Once again, you can check out her whole look on Justjared.com. Her makeup is perfect and once again we see the nude lip at its best.


Her dress and necklace are so beautiful they take my breath away. I think her pretty blue eyeshadow is fun and flirty and perfect for the look and the weather. Nude lip again.


I hate, hate, hate her makeup. Her eyes look like a ridiculous spidery mess. What is with those eyelashes? Those are individual lashes that were applied by a blind man, it seems. This is one case where the makeup actually made her look bad. She would have done better by showing up sans color. You wouldn't know it by looking at the picture, but that's Kim Kardashian. She's actually a stunning beauty in real life and as a general rule her makeup artist is a perfectionist. Her looks are always fabulous - except on this very important, momentous occasion - if you will - where he missed the mark completely. Failed miserably. Quel horreur!


Subtle smokey eye that looks good in the daylight and doesn't disappear at night. Lovely. January Jones can do no wrong. I need to find out what she's wearing on her lips. Delish!


Heidi Klum is always amazing and this was no exception. Her makeup is flawless but what I really fell in love with were her earrings! I want!


The royal blue dress with her milk white skin and fire colored hair are a combination that will not go unnoticed. Her makeup is not distracting - which is something you have to watch out for when you're working with someone like her - just a hint of color on the lips, and eyes without ever screaming "I attacked my mother's makeup drawer".

I'm afraid this picture is not at all doing her justice. It's beautiful, but on screen she was even lovelier. Her makeup artist gave her a golden goddess look that was subtle and dreamy. Her skin was perfection itself and it glowed. There was a whisper of color that had no hard lines, no pops. Everything flowed with a seamless touch of bronze sparkle and shine. Everything is very well defined, lined and powdered, but not heavy, not cakey in the least. Very, very beautiful.

No comments: