Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Lancome Makeup Reviews


I'm finally blogging about the products I won from Lancome. To start off I have to talk about the Minerale Tropiques Bronzer. Wow! It's smooth, so smooth. Glides on like a dream. Perfect color and texture, super finely milled powder so it looks really natural. The packaging is beautiful (Lancome packaging always is), and the smell is very, very subtle, and very Lancome. I usually use Guerlain Terracotta. It's been my go-to bronzer for years now. I use it as bronzer and as blush. It's very beautiful and I still love it. I've tried other bronzers before and was not impressed - ever. This Lancome one however, has earned a permanent place in my heart. OMG! I just thought of something terrifying - what if they discontinue it? What if it's a limited edition. I HATE limited editions! After using this mineral product, my first mineral product, I finally see what all the fuss is about. Very cool.


The eyeshadow quad is gorgeous! The colors are really wearable and very well chosen. There are three shimmery colors (the champagne, light bronze and olive gree), and there's a matte color, the perfect brown. They are all stunning. I use a matte chocolate color like that one a lot, so there's a lot of love there already. The champagne and bronze colors are very wearable and very pretty and sparkling. Then there's the olive green. I haven't used that color in a long time, and I have to say I have never used such a beautiful olive green. Since my eyes are hazel, it makes them seriously pop. I'm thrilled with the uber fine texture, shimmer, and wearability of this palette.



This is my new favorite gloss! It lasts forever, has a wonderful light scent, gorgeous, gorgeous shimmer, perfect texture and the color is beautiful. Fairy sparkly lips. So pretty I want all the colors. It's sticky, like all glosses, but it's not an annoying sticky or super thick. It coats well and leaves just a light layer. Good pigment and overall amazing performance. I don't know how I've survived this long without it. It just seems crazy to me. All this time I thought all my gloss needs were met. I thought my collection was complete. Boy, was I wrong. Don't misunderstand me, I'll still love Juicy tubes (Juicy tubes pure review coming soon), Chanel Aqualumiere and MAC lipglass, but now I love La Laque Fever as well - oh, okay, maybe a little tiny bit more. I don't know. Maybe not. Maybe. Fine. I love all 4! Speaking of amazing gloss, my sister and I were trying on makeup and perfume the other day and we stumbled upon an insanely beautiful gloss by YSL that I'm dying to get my hands on. I was wearing something already so she put it on and I couldn't stop staring. I'll have to try it and see what the texture's like, but we may have another contestant.

That's it for now. I'll be back with more tomorrow.

No comments: