Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Movie Review: Never Back Down


Saturday night I ended up renting a movie because Samurai-Jack wanted to watch it. I thought it was going to be a dud and went into it holding a book in my hand. As it turns out, the movie was a pleasant surprise. It was full of good fights, your basic Mr. Miyagi lessons, and overall a winner.
I think you can tell by the pictures here that this is not the kind of movie for someone who doesn't like watching fights. It is, after all, the premise of the story. But I will tell you that nothing gets completely out of hand, there is no situation that is so hard to watch you have to see it through the cracks of your fingers (yeah, I do that sometimes, too).

While the actors won't be winning any Oscars any time soon, it does not distract. The editing is good and so is the directing. It's an attractive film for the young folk, and for the ones of us who consider ourselves young, as well.
For those of you (ladies) who like some eye candy, this is so your movie. Sizzling hot and shirtless for a good portion of the film. Nice! So, if you're in the mood for some serious fight scenes (not as bad as fight club, I promise you), hot guys and some good threaded through the story, this is the film for you. If, however, you are at home nursing your arthritis, or your sciatica that's acting up again, I would suggest you watch "The New World" - it's a total snoozefest.

I'll leave you with the trailer. Enjoy!


No comments: