Wednesday, October 15, 2008

When Great Hair Is Just Not Enough

Have you ever had one of those days where you reach into the fridge for some cold water and the pitcher is empty; you open the freezer for some ice and the tray is empty; you go for some coffee and there’s no more? Well, I had one of those days, true story. I know you see those days in the movies, well, news flash, it happens to regular people as well, and it also happens to me.


For starters, today was warm, quite warm. In fact, I believe it was the warmest day we’ve had since winter. It felt like someone walked out of hell and left the door just a crack open letting all that nasty warmness out. Okay, okay, it may have been a technically beautiful day, but I wasn’t outside reading by the pool with a glamorous Carmen Sandiego at–the-beach hat or anything like that, I was home, working, on the world’s most frustrating project ever.


Have you ever been assigned one of those projects that don’t have the bottom line your boss wants? Have you ever been assigned one of those projects that just don’t make a whole lot of sense but you’re expected to spend endless hours you will never get back on it and still answer the phone with a happy-go-lucky, Pollyanna on Prozac voice? You know that I’m-thrilled-you-called-right-when-I-was-in-the-middle-of-something- but-hey-your-time-is-more-important-than-mine type of voice? Well, that’s how I sounded on the phone all day long.


I want to make something clear before someone misunderstands and thinks I don’t like answering the phone or am unhappy when I get a call – I hate having to answer the phone all day long. I dislike it immensely! Unless I’m getting a call from someone I haven’t spoken to in a while, or someone who has some awesome good news to tell me, I’m not happy. In fact, most of the time I’m so burned out from answering the phone all day I would prefer to go to the dentist, or run with scissors for that matter.


Anylame, I believe I’ve bored you enough with my empty venting, but if you can’t vent on a blog, where can you vent, eh? On a positive and super awesome note, my hair looks beautiful, positively glamorous and effortlessly chic. I do owe it all to my super styling lotion, Potion 9, but I’m sure you don’t care about that. Bottom line: even though my day was a total suckfest, my hair looks great!

2 comments:

Mary Drumond said...

my hair looks great too...maybe Satan is gracious to the citizens of HELL (rio de janeiro)

angie said...

Well, be prepared for a lot more weather from Hell... spring is just starting... :)

Hehehehe, btw, Pollyanna has awful hair in that photo...